Clown | Actor | Dancer | Fire spinner | Model
Amelia Van Brunt is a professional and award-winning actor, clown, dancer, fire spinner, model, cosplayer, and character extraordinaire. She specializes in complete physical transformation and ferocious play in her characters.
Amelia studied at Dell’Arte International School of Physical Theater, where she completed the Professional Training Program. There she studied clown, mime, Commedia dell’Arte, melodrama, tragedy, dance and tai chi. She is also a part of the beloved San Francisco-based clown/burlesque troupe Fou Fou Ha!, one of the Bay Area’s most sought-after troupes for over 15 years.
With Fou Fou Ha!, Amelia helped create and perform the smash hit full-length show “WHOA-MAN!” which has been extended with Shelton Theater into 2016. Amelia was an Artist in Residence at Circus Center in 2015, where she developed a one-woman show, “In the Blue of Evening,” produced by her own theatre company, Bad, Bad Bunny.
Amelia’s skills include fire dancing, hula hooping, burlesque and go-go dance, ballroom dancing, and complete character transformation.
Amelia’s Performance Highlights
- 2015 WORLD PREMIERE “In the Blue of Evening” / Bad, Bad Bunny Theatre Company, San Francisco
- “WHOA-MAN!” / Fou Fou Ha!, San Francisco
- World Tour “The Egg Play”/ Transient Theater, United States tour
- New York fringe winner: Best Direction
- Best Lead Actress in a Comedy winner at the Woodland Opera House’s Sacramento Chesley Awards
- Award-winning title performance in “Sylvia”/ Murphys Creek Theater, Murphys Hollywood fringe
- “Peter Pan” title role/Sacramento Theater Company, Sacramento