Aerialist | Dancer | Ambient Character Entertainer
Cat Bodnar is a graceful and expressive mover, both on the ground and in the air. She enjoys exploring the limits of human physicality and emotion through creating performance work as a solo artist or within group collaborations.
Though she graduated from Oberlin College in 2004 with a BA in Biology, Cat is also an accomplished dancer and musician, as well as a Certified Personal Trainer and Yoga Teacher.
Circus later became her real love, leading her to train with some of the greats in American circus, such as the New England Center for Circus Arts, Lava Love, and the Circus Center in San Francisco.
Cat’s full stage acts are on static trapeze, tissu and rope. Her skills include duo trapeze, partner acrobatics, floor acrobatics, dance, character/clown, hula hoop, ribbon dance, violin and singing.
Cat’s Performance Highlights
- Bootie SF, DNA Lounge (San Francisco, CA)
- Aurora Circus Arts, Castello di Amorosa (Calistoga, CA)
- We Are Five, Kinetic Arts Center (Oakland, CA)
- Sub-Pi Fundraiser, Kinetic Arts Center (Oakland, CA)
- Wanderlust Festival (Squaw Valley, CA)
- Tin Can Cabaret, Kinetic Arts Center (Oakland, CA)
- Circus Luminous, Lensic Theater (Santa Fe, NM)
- Fuse Duo Trapeze (Northampton, MA)
- Circus de Colores (Northampton, MA)
- First Night (Burlington, VT)
- American Heart Association Heart Ball, (Providence, RI)
- The Really Big Circus Show, New England Center for Circus Arts (Battleboro, VT)
Photo Credit: Shoot That Klown.