Aerialist | Stilt Walker | Dancer
Classically trained in ballet since the age of three, Rachel is a dancer turned aerialist, choreographer, and variety performer. She began her study of circus arts in 2007, developing a unique style and approach to aerial work, which has propelled her to perform extensively both across the United States and around the world. Her collaborations include devising choreography and performing with Fidget Feet Aerial Dance in Ireland, and the award winning show “Elements” with Natural Wings out of Perth in Western Australia.
Original works include writing and producing “Icarus”, which debuted in the 2013 New Orleans Fringe Festival.
Rachel feels honored to have worked on US soil with such fine companies as ticktock, Emerald City Trapeze Arts, Madame Rex Entertainment, Kinetic Arts Productions, Trapeze World, Queensryche, and Circus Automatic.
Prone to exaggeration and quixotic tendencies, Rachel specializes in aerial hoop choreography and the practice of telling stories.
Rachel’s Performance Highlights
- Annual Guest Artist, Irish Aerial Dance Festival (Letterkenny, Ireland)
- 2009-2013: Resident Aerialist, The Pink Door (Seattle, WA)
- 2013: Creative Director/Performer, ICARUS: a full length aerial theatre piece, New Orleans Fringe Festival
- 2013: Creative Director, CARNEVOLAR: The Haunting, Emerald City Trapeze Arts
- AWARDED PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD 2013 Toronto Buskers Festival Presented and performed by Fidget Feet Aerial Dance, Ireland 2013
- Seattle’s “PERFORMING ARTIST OF THE YEAR 2013”
- RAW Artists featured performance
Photo Credit: rj muna studio