Aerialist | Duo Hand-balancer
Robin began her circus life in 1997 when she performed a double trapeze act for the first time with fellow Circus Center faculty member Jennings McCown. As a competitive athlete she appreciated the strength training benefits of aerial arts and began incorporating them into her training regimen.
From 1998 to 2009, Robin carried a set of silks with her around the globe as she competed in two World Championships for long distance triathlon, seven Ironman Triathlons and four Boston Marathons. She trained with Anti-Gravity, Trapeze School of New York, fellow performers at Walt Disney World, former members of Cirque du Soleil and at the New England Center for Circus Arts. Believing that athletes are artists whose medium is the human body, she founded Artisan Athletics, a coaching and performance company with over a dozen partner locations on the East and West coasts. She continues to perform for special events and theatrical productions in the Bay Area.
Robin’s circus performing skills include aerial silks, aerial straps, duo Acro-balance and Living Statue.
Photo Credit: Enoch Chan
Robin’s Performance Highlights
- Commercial Actress (NFL commercial San Francisco, 2015)
- Founder and Creative Director of Artisan Athletics- an aerial arts training, coaching and performance company currently based in San Francisco with experience throughout the East Coast
- Designed, performed and produced aerial acts and other entertainment for corporate events including: Tesla Motors, Thumbtack, PayPal Corporation, MicroStrategy, Lanmark Technology, Audi, Mosaic Corp, Quince Imaging, American Heart Association, American Kidney Foundation, Hilton Hotels, Fandango Productions, CCB Creative, and Sinnergy Entertainment
- Weekly featured aerial performer at luxury nightclub Sax D.C. / Santoy Group, (2014)
- Special event performer at the Fillmore Silver Spring, Baltimore Ravens Arena, Mandarin Oriental, D.C., Washington Plaza, Renaissance Hotel, Club Med, and Walt Disney World
- “Guilty As Sin” (San Francisco, CA), San Francisco Circus Cabaret (2015)
- Intersections American Arts Festival (Washington D.C., multiple years), Atlas Theatre, Deviated Theatre (2012-2013)
- Zip-Zap Circus (2012)