Aerialist | Contortionist | Hula Hoop Artist
Born full of mystery and motion, Sylphie began her training in classical and contemporary ballet at the age of 3. Ever the rebel, she tossed aside all expectations and gravitational forces and discovered aerial contortion.
For 6 years Sylphie studied under the watchful eye of circus legends Elena Panova and Serchamaa Byamba at the San Francisco Circus Center. She emerged with an entirely unique aerial hoop style and has been performing internationally since 2008. Known for her sensual, languid movements and energetic tricks, Sylphie’s aesthetics favor the eerie and macabre.
Sylphie specializes in aerial hoop, contortion and Hula Hoop.
Sylphie’s Performance Highlights
- August, 2015- UTAGE Dinner & Dance Party, San Mateo, CA ~ Hula hoop, Contortion
- May 30, 2015- Berlin 32, Oakland CA ~ Contortion
- April, 2015- Beyond-A Benefit for The Uncle Junior Project, San Francisco, CA – Aerial Hoop, Hula hoop
- February 2013- June 2014- Cabaret Perilous, Oakland, CA ~ Contortion
- October 2013- Fringe, Sacramento, CA ~ Contortion
- September 2013-Present- Fishnet Follies, Oakland, CA ~ Contortion, Hula Hoop
- Soft As Glass: Part 2b of The Pretty Lights Series, San Francisco, CA, November 2012 ~ Hula Hoop
- October 2012- Masquerotica, San Francisco, CA ~ Contortion
- April 2012 – August 2012- Alegria Brothers “Cirque Innosta” (Mexico Tour)~ Aerial hoop
- January 2012 -February 2012- Edwardian Ball “The Iron Tonic”, San Francisco & Los Angeles, CA – Aerial Hoop, Character
- December 2011-January 2012- Sea Of Dreams NYE 2011-2012, San Francisco, CA ~ Aerial Hoop